ALAMO DISCOUNT SOLAR SCREENS & SHADES are also known for their beautiful and functionable Roller Shades! These
shades can be installed for interior or exterior use. Most common is the
exterior for patios, porches, decks, etc. so you can enjoy the outdoors
and evening sunsets without the harsh and disturbing glare of the sun's rays.
The exterior solar shades work to reduce heat to glass and provide cooling
shade to your outdoor living areas. They can be installed as a motorized
(remote), pull chain, or crank. Solar sunscreen fabrics are designed to
reduce heat transfer, reduce glare, fading of carpet, furniture, blinds
and anything else in a room that gets direct sunlight. They can also provide
daytime privacy with full vision outwards. Our retractable exterior solar
screen shades are custom manufactured here in the USA and with our professional
installation, you'll always be insured a perfect fit. Motorized retractable
exterior solar shades will improve the appearance and comfort of any home.
The professional installation of our roller shades is top quality and
guaranteed. A motorized sun shade is great for decks, porches, patios,
patio doors, windows and sliding glass doors.
The interior solar roller shades provide a beautiful accent for the interior
of your home. They come in a variety of colors, fabrics, etc., and can
fit most all openings. The benefits of the interior retractable solar
shades is how they cool down any living space and help avoid sun damage
to your home's interior, including furniture and carpets. These shades
can be controlled as simple as a pull chain, and as sophisticated as a
remote control. They can be installed practically anywhere being a retail
store, office building, to the privacy of your own bedroom. We can also
even manufacture with your logo or printed message as a special request
for those commercial locations.
Our newest product in the roller shade category is the new
ZIPPER TRACK SYSTEM.
Guadalupe Valley Electric Company offers a fifty cent per square foot rebate
when you purchase solar screens from an authorized GVEC rebate contractor.
ALAMO DISCOUNT SOLAR SCREENS & SHADES Mfg. is an authorized GVEC Contractor.
This rebate program will save you at least 10% on the purchase of solar
screens. You can buy either 80% or 90% screens, the rebate is the same.
GVEC really believes in solar screens as an effective way to conserve
energy and lower electric bills. To apply for your GVEC rebate, go to
their web page
www.gvec.org and click on the rebate section. It will guide you through the process.
Any questions, please fill free to contact us and we will help you.
NBU Solar Screen Rebate
New Braunfels Utilities are presently giving a seventy five cent per square
foot rebate when you purchase solar screens. You would need to call them
to make sure this is still in effect at the time you purchase your screens.
At that time, they will instruct you through the process of filing for
REQUIREMENTS FOR GVEC REBATE
- Improvement shall require a GVEC listed contractor. StarShade Solar Screens
is a GVEC listed contractor.
- Screens on windows in non-conditioned areas do not qualify.
- Screens shall cover the entire glass surface area for each fenestration.
- Minimum of 70% reduction of solar heat gain for solar screens .
- Invoice shall include: manufacturer's data on reflectivity or heat
gain co-efficient, product identifiers, and performance rating specifications.
- Does not apply to new construction.
- All material shall be new.
- Manufacturer's installation practices and procedures shall be followed.
- State and local codes shall be followed.
- Signed invoice showing work completed. No estimates accepted
Click on logo to go to GVEC REBATE CENTER
Solar Shade Rebates - New Braunfels
Guidelines for the NBU Solar Screen/Solar Film Rebate Program
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
- Applicant must have an active electric service account (commercial or residential)
with NBU at the time of purchase and installation.
- Rebates will be paid on the actual square footage (minimum 25 sq. ft.)
of existing (not new construction) glass that encloses a mechanically
air conditioned permanent dwelling and that face east, southeast, south,
southwest, west or northwest directions only. North or northeast facing
windows do not qualify. Correct direction facing skylights also qualify.
Treated windows must have three hours direct sunlight per day and may
not already be covered with solar film or solar screens. Glass panes must
not be reflective, wired, textured, obscured or patterned and must be
single or dual pane glass only.
- The window treatment must be permanently affixed to the glass (solar films)
or window frame (solar screens). Solar film must have an integral adhesive,
not a cling film and a uniform appearance with no streaks, banding, pinholes,
jagged edges, scratches or bubbles. Solar film must carry a five year
warranty against fading, cracking, crazing or adhesive failure and must
provide for replacement film and labor.
- The SHGC (solar heat gain coefficient) must be less than .41 (<.41 SHGC)
for solar films and a minimum 80% heat gain blockage for solar screens.
- Manufacturer's installation procedures and local city codes will be
followed. Solar Screen or film can either be self-installed or installed
by a company in the business of selling and installing solar film or solar screens.
- The residential or commercial rebate is $0.75 / sq.ft. and cannot exceed
50% of the total job cost, including materials, labor and tax. Maximum
rebate is limited to $300.00.
- Customer or contractors receipt must include documentation for all requirements
as stated in these guidelines. Receipt(s) must be accompanied by the manufacturer's
product identification stating the rated SHGC or heat blockage %, warranty
statement and documentation detailing total area and direction of treatment
installed. Materials must be minimally warranted for five years and contractor
labor for one year.
- Purchase and installation must be between August 1, 2013 and July 31, 2014
and application received by NBU by July 31, 2014.
- NBU reserves the right to inspect the installation prior to approval of
the rebate. NBU is not responsible for damage to persons or property from
the installation of window treatments by the customer's agent.
- Funding for this rebate program is limited and will be awarded on a first
come, first served basis.
Download an Application Here